Saturday, August 15, 2015

Event: Bout of Books 14


Summer is almost over everyone! I have mixed feelings about it. I am both sad that the beautiful days of sitting around and doing whatever the heck I want are almost over, and incredibly excited to start a new school year with exciting classes, new friends, and the chance to be on a competitive dance team. But as summer ends, so do my chances to read for fun on a daily basis, so I am making the most of it by participating in Bout of Books 14! Here's the official info:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 17th and runs through Sunday, August 23rd in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 14 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team


This is a great way to get a lot of books done in a week, while also being able to participate in some fun challenges. I will be updating this post each day in order to share my reading progress. So be sure to check back here daily for my progress! On top of these main things, I will be posting regularly on my other social media sites (links will be listed at the bottom of this post).

I'm not setting a goal as to how many books to finish. Mostly I just want to read a lot and have fun! I will also be counting any reading I do for school. It is reading, so I don't see why not.

8/17
Number of Pages Read: 262
Books Read: In Defense of Food, The Westminster Shorter Catechism, Mindless Eating
Total Books Read: 1
Challenge Video: http://youtu.be/1RdH4az7YAM

8/18
Number of Pages Read: 225
Books Read: Mindless Eating, The Westminster Shorter Catechism, Easy Homeopathy
Total Books Read: 2
Challenge Video: http://youtu.be/g4NHvEdOwJU

8/19
Number of Pages Read: 88
Books Read: Easy Homeopathy, The Westminster Shorter Catechism
Total Books Read: 2


8/20
Number of Pages Read: 215
Books Read: Easy Homeopathy, The Westminster Shorter Catechism, The Rumpelstiltskin Problem
Total Books Read: 3


8/21
Number of Pages Read: 108
Books Read: The Rumpelstiltskin Problem, Body & Soul, The Westminster Shorter Catechism
Total Books Read: 4


8/22
Number of Pages Read: 70
Books Read: Body & Soul, The Westminster Shorter Catechism
Total Books Read: 5


8/23
Number of Pages Read: 0
Books Read: N/A
Total Books Read: 5



If you want to participate in this event, head on over to the Bout of Books blog, where you will find instructions and information.

Social media links:
Tumblr
Facebook
Pinterest
Google+
YouTube
Instagram
Twitter

Happy reading!

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck this week with your reading! I wish I could take part, but I'm really busy this week with my university job starting again and an online internship that started today. I'll still try and read a ton though! hah

    -Lauren
    www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete